Town of Wheaton Parks Commission Minutes
Tuesday, December 20, 2016
Wheaton Fire Station at 7:00 pm
1. The meeting was called to order by Ken Books at 7:00 p.m.
2. Commission members present: Chad Kragness, Stephanie Hay, Jenny Schutte, Dora Wood, & Ken Books
Public Present: Mark Blaskowski
3. Approval of Agenda - Dora motioned to approve the agenda as presented. The motion was seconded by Jenny. Motion carried.
4. Secretary’s Report/November Meeting Minutes - Jenny moved to approve the November meeting minutes. Motion was seconded by Chad. Motion carried.
5. Public Comments – No public comment.
6. Old Business
* Rent a stump grinder and have the town guys grind the stumps – per Wheaton Town Board recommendation.
*Grant application – We were not awarded a grant for the landscaping from ATC. They encouraged us to apply again. We will take up that action in January or February.
*Ken spoke with a representative for the Otto Bremer Trust which does grants. They prefer community or municipal type projects in their final phase. This grant will be kept in mind as we move forward.
*Ken spoke to Marvin Larrabee who was not interested in the project, but recommended having a small contractor. The Town Board suggested we could use town employees for 2017.
*We will utilize town staff to final grade and seed the trails. Mike Dalby recommended a seed mix to use on the trails.
e. The benches have been put together for the dugouts.
7. New Business
8. Potential Agenda Items for Next Meeting (Commission Discussion) - Bike Trail/Trail Parking Lot
9. Next Meeting Date – January 17, 2016 at 7:00 p.m. at the Wheaton Fire Station
10. Adjournment – Chad motioned to adjourn. Jenny seconded the motion. Motion carried. The meeting was adjourned at 9:28 pm.