Selected Parks Commission Minutes
WHEATON PARK COMMISSION MINUTES
Feb 14, 2017
Town of Wheaton Parks Commission Minutes
Tuesday, January 17, 2017
Wheaton Fire Station at 7:00 pm
1. The meeting was called to order by Ken Books at 7:00 p.m.
2. Commission members present: Chad Kragness, Lynnette Muszynski, Jenny Schutte, & Ken Books
Public Present: Mark Blaskowski and Adam Blaskowski
3. Approval of Agenda - Jenny motioned to approve the agenda as presented. The motion was seconded by Lynnette. Motion carried.
4. Secretary’s Report/December Meeting Minutes - Jenny moved to approve the December meeting minutes. Motion was seconded by Lynnette. Motion carried.
5. Public Comments – No public comment.
6. Old Business
Boat Landing Dock System – Dora is waiting on drawing/bids from Skip and also contacting an additional contractor.
Upper Pavilion/Concession Building Updates – Ken presented feedback from the town board meeting to the group. Parks commission members present would like to further discuss upper pavilion/concession building options based on this feedback at their February meeting when we have more commission members present.
7. New Business
DNR Grant Application for the Park Expansion/Boat Landing Improvements – Parks commission members to review grant application draft updates and bring feedback to the February parks commission meeting.
Park/Boat Landing/Recreation Improvement Items – Longview Field safety fence and Prairie View Field dugout benches improvement items are in motion to be completed in April. Chad is working up ideas on bat bag hangers.
Bike Trail System Research – Maps were provided showing the current bike trail systems in the area and planned expansion routes. Currently there are no official plans to extend the bike trail system that ends on 103rd Street; however, there was discussion about how the trail could possibly be extended to Wheaton Park or even the Red Cedar State Trail to create a loop.
Specified Outdoor Property listed on Township Insurance Policy – Ken provided an update on what was listed for specified outdoor property on the township insurance policy.
8. Potential Agenda Items for Next Meeting (Commission Discussion)
Snowmobile Trailer Parking in Wheaton Park – Invite Wheaton Knight Riders Representative
Sledding Hill Promotion Activities for 2017/2018
Develop Park Facebook Page to Promote Park Activities
9. Next Meeting Date – February 21, 2017 at 7:00 p.m. at the Wheaton Fire Station
10. Adjournment – Jenny motioned to adjourn. Lynnette seconded the motion. Motion carried. The meeting was adjourned at 8:26 pm.
View all from: