Town of Wheaton Parks Commission Meeting
Tuesday, February 21, 2017
Wheaton Fire Station at 7:00 pm
3900 38th Street
Elk Mound, WI 54739
1. The February 21st, 2017 was called to order at 7:00 p.m. by Ken Books.
2. Commission members Chad Kragness, Stephanie Hay, Jenny Schutte, Brian Gerrits, Dora Wood, and Ken Books were in attendance. Dave Kornesczuk of the Wheaton Knight Riders also attended.
3. Jenny motioned to approve the Feb. 21st meeting agenda. Dora seconded the motion. The motion was approved.
4. The January Meeting Minutes were presented. A motion to approve the minutes was made by Jenny and seconded by Chad. Motion approved.
5. Public Comments - None
6. Old Business
After discussion, all commission members agreed something needs to be done.
Brian moved to recommend to the Wheaton Town Board that we move forward with the design and engineer process from CBS Squared. Dora seconded the motion. Motion carried.
We reviewed the application suggesting additions and corrections. Jenny will work on the Environmental Form. Letters of support were requested: Chad will talk with the Wheaton Knight Riders, Ken will contact the Ball League and Stephanie/Lynn will contact 4-H. Brian will work on GPS coordinates and Dora will compile the dock option information.
7. New Business
Ken will speak with the town board about the parking area.
Jenny moved that “We would like to strongly recommend, that the Wheaton Town Board create a Town of Wheaton Facebook page to build a greater sense of community among our residents including the Fire Department, Parks Commission, and other town entities. The Parks Commission is willing to spearhead this endeavor.” The motion was seconded by Brian.
8. Next Meeting Date – March 21, 2017
9. Chad moved to adjourn the meeting with a second by Stephanie. The meeting was adjourned!