Selected Parks Commission Minutes
Wheaton Parks Commission Minutes (not yet approved)
Jun 20, 2017
Town of Wheaton Parks Commission Meeting Minutes
Tuesday, June 20, 2017
Wheaton Fire Station at 7:00 pm
3900 38th Street
Elk Mound, WI 54739
1. The meeting was called to order by Ken Books @ 7:00 pm.
2. In attendance were: Commission Members: Stephanie Hay, Lynnette Muszynski, Jenny Schutte, Brian Gerrits, Dora Wood, and Ken Books. Public: Adam Blaskowski
3. Approval of Agenda - Dora Wood moved to approve the agenda as presented. The motion was seconded by Brian Gerrits. Motion carried.
4. Secretary Report – Brian Gerrits motioned to approve the May Meeting Minutes as presented with a second by Jenny Schutte. The motion carried.
5. Public Comments – There were no public comments.
6. Old Business
Town of Wheaton Facebook Page to Promote Park Activities – Jenny Schutte is ready to go live with the “Wheaton Parks & Recreation” Facebook page. Jenny and Stephanie Hays are both full administrators for the Facebook page. The address is listed as the Wheaton Town Hall address. Jenny is planning to begin a weekly “Did You Know” post promoting the boat landing, Fired Up days, park rentals, hiking trails, etc. found in the Township of Wheaton. There will also be links to the Town of Wheaton website and rentals page. All agreed, the Facebook page looks great!
Chippewa County Outdoor Recreation Plan Updates – Brian presented updates to the plan. Brian and/or Ken Books will work on putting it into a document to send to the Parks Commission for review and discussion at our next meeting.
Park Memorial Donations – Brian presented some placement ideas for benches around the existing park. Lynette Muszynski will continue to get information from the Chippewa Falls Parks and local hospitals about their fundraising processes. The Parks Commission needs to find a creative name and price tier(s) level for items. Suggested tier names were: Shrubs, Trees, and Benches. The commission will use the master plan and incorporate benches into what is currently in place. The commission will work to develop project phases, item prices, and goals for the funds.
Upper Pavilion and Concession Building Design Requirements List – Ken is sending the requirements list to the Wheaton Town Board and will ask for their input. After receiving Wheaton town Board input, Ken will forward the requirements list to CBS Squared for design work. It was suggested to add an open portion for picnic tables facing the fields and plan for the ability to hook up field irrigation to the upper ball field in the future.
7. New Business
Mowing Contract Requirements for 2018 Season – The commission began discussion and putting together a list of mowing contract requirements to present to the Wheaton Town Board. When the requirements list is complete the Town Board will put the contract out for bids. It was suggested that a copy of what is currently in the mowing contract would be helpful. Ken will see if current contract requirements are available, for information purposes only; begin compiling the requirements list and initial bid letter. Future discussion will be had regarding mowing the addition, sledding hill and trails.
Park/Boat Landing/Recreation Improvement Items – Brian had people ask him about bike racks at the park. The commission will add bike racks to the park improvements list.
8. Potential Agenda Items for the Next Meeting – Possible line item or budget commitment from the Wheaton Town Board for Fired Up Days.
9. The next Parks Commission Meeting will be July 18, 2017 at 7:00 p.m.
10. Brian motioned to adjourn the meeting with a second by Jenny. The meeting was adjourned at 9:45 p.m.
View all from: