What is Comprehensive Plan?
According to Wisconsin Statute, the Comprehensive Plan shall be made with
the general purpose of guiding and accomplishing a coordinated, adjusted,
and harmonious development of the community. In accordance with existing and future needs, the Comprehensive Plan will promote public health, safety, and the general welfare of the entire community. The Planning Law requires zoning, official mapping, and subdivision regulations be consistent with a Comprehensive Plan
When is Comprehensive Plan updated?
The township is required by law to review/update the entire comprehensive plan every 10 years.
Proposed Comprehensive Plan for 2020 - 2040 - In Progress
- Vision Statement - DRAFT
- Chapter 1 Introduction - DRAFT
- Chapter 2 Issues and Opportunities - DRAFT
- Chapter 3 Housing - DRAFT
- Chapter 5 Community Facilities and Utilities - DRAFT
- Chapter 7 Economic Development - DRAFT
- Chapter 8 Intergovernmental Cooperation - DRAFT
- Chapter 10 Plan Implementation - DRAFT
Do you have Comprehensive Plan feedback?
Email Wheaton Plan Commission Chair at Wheaton.PlanCommissionE@gmail.com