What is Comprehensive Plan?
According to Wisconsin Statute, the Comprehensive Plan shall be made with
the general purpose of guiding and accomplishing a coordinated, adjusted,
and harmonious development of the community. In accordance with existing and future needs, the Comprehensive Plan will promote public health, safety, and the general welfare of the entire community. The Planning Law requires zoning, official mapping, and subdivision regulations be consistent with a Comprehensive Plan
When is Comprehensive Plan updated?
The township is required by law to review/update the entire comprehensive plan every 10 years.
Proposed Comprehensive Plan for 2021 - 2041 - In Progress
- Vision Statement - DRAFT
- Chapter 1 Introduction - DRAFT
- Chapter 2 Issues and Opportunities - DRAFT
- Chapter 3 Housing - DRAFT
- Chapter 4 Transportation - DRAFT
- Chapter 5 Community Facilities and Utilities - DRAFT
- Chapter 6 Agricultural, Natural, & Cultural Resources - DRAFT
- Chapter 7 Economic Development - DRAFT
- Chapter 8 Intergovernmental Cooperation - DRAFT
- Chapter 9 Land Use - DRAFT
- Chapter 10 Plan Implementation - DRAFT
Comprehensive Plan Public Hearing Updates
- Cedar Corporation Summary Memo
- Chapter 2 Issues and Opportunities - UPDATED FROM PUBLIC HEARING
- Chapter 5 Community Facilities and Utilities Map - UPDATED FROM PUBLIC HEARING
- Chapter 9 Land Use - UPDATED FROM PUBLIC HEARING
Do you have Comprehensive Plan feedback?
Email Wheaton Plan Commission Chair at Wheaton.PlanCommissionE@gmail.com