Dog Ownership and License Questions
ALL DOG OWNERS SHOULD BE AWARE OF THE WISCONSIN STATE STATUES REGARDING THE RESPONSIBILITIES OF DOG OWNERSHIP. (1.) Dogs more then 5 months of age shall be licensed by April 1 of each year, or a late fee of $5.00 shall be imposed. (2.) Proof of rabies vaccination is required before a license will be issued. (3.) Dogs are not allowed to run at large. The dog must be kept on the owner’s premises or under control of the owner or some other person. (4.) Dogs running at large are subject to impoundment. (5.) If the owner permits a dog to run at large, the owner shall forfeit not less than $25, nor more than $100 for the offense and not less than $50 nor more than $200 for subsequent offenses. (6.) The dog owner can be held liable for a dog causing injury to a person, domestic animal or property. The penalties imposed can be from $50 to $500 depending on the circumstances. The penalties are in addition to any other liability imposed on the owner of the dog.
Dog License Fees
- Altered: $ 8.00
- Unaltered: $13.00
- Multiple Dog (up to 12) $60.00
- Additional Multiple Dog Tags (over 12): $7.00
- After April 1 of each year, there is a $25.00 late fee.
- Proof of current rabies vaccination is needed.
- Without proof, dog license will not be issued.
- Proof of rabies vaccination will be returned to the owner along with the dog tags.
- If paid after April 1 of each year, there is a $25.00 late fee.
Please send check made out to Town of Wheaton Treasurer, or cash to:
Town of Wheaton Treasurer
2384 80th Street
Eau Claire, WI 54703
Phone number is: 715-861-3933
Please enclose with the check, a self-addressed and stamped envelope.
No, all dog licenses must be sent to the Town Treasurer due to rabies vaccination verification being required.
Please remember to include rabies vaccination paperwork with your dog license fee.
- Yes, there are collection fees, which are $20 per hour.
- There are no kennel fees.
Yes. Please see contact information below.
Richard Manthey - Dog Catcher
Phone: (715) 874-5838
Park Rental Questions
Park Ornamentation Project is a 2 phased project to add amenities and landscaping to the park through a fundraising campaign that offers the community an opportunity to make a donation, memorial gift, or in honor gift with long lasting benefits to our area. By allowing for resident/non-resident and community donations this brings a sense of community ownership to this project, unifying our commitment to the park.
For more information Wheaton Park Ornamentation Project
You can reserve a pavilion at the park by doing one of the following:
- Review Park Availability Calendar to see if your desired date and pavilion are open. If so print off the park reservation application and follow the instructions listed on the application.
- Contact Ken Books at Wheatonpark@gmail.com or (715) 874-6414
- Park Rental Information
Pavilion rental fees are determined by the following items:
- Pavilion being rented
- Whether you are a Town of Wheaton resident or non-resident
- Type of event
Pavilion rental fees are listed on the park reservation application.
Yes rentals require a deposit fee. Deposit checks are not processed unless damage occurs during your rental or there is a failure to follow the Park Rental Procedures.
Non-processed deposit checks can be shredded at renter's request or returned to renters via mail if desired.
Yes bathrooms are available with park rentals.
Upper pavilion (next to tennis court) has porta potties on the west end of the tennis court plus you can use the fire station bathrooms which are accessible on the south side of the fire station if desired.
Lower pavilion (next to the 2 ball fields with green roof) has restrooms on the east side of the concession building.
The following amenities are available for renters to use.
- Electrical power
- Picnic tables
- Serving tables
- Brooms and dust pan
- Paper towels
- Hand soap
- Toilet paper
- Garbage bags
Yes renters are responsible for removing their rental garbage at the end of their rental. Replacement garbage bags will be provided for renters to place in the trash and recycling receptacles.
Contact Ken Books at Wheatonpark@gmail.com or (715) 874-6414 the week prior to your rental to arrange a time.
Planning Commission Questions
Wheaton Planning Commission (WPC) Requirements to Appear on Meeting Agenda
1) Contact information: Name, phone number, address, email address
2) Detailed reason for the rezone or variance request
3) Intended long term use
4) Address of property
5) If a business: Days open, hours of business
a) Preliminary plans (summary)
b) Site map
c) Aerial Map or Plat Book Photo
d) Certified Survey Map (CSM) (When a CSM is recorded in the Chippewa County Register of Deeds Office, the Wheaton Planning Commission (WPC) requires a copy be sent to the WPC Chair.)
7) Must appear in person or have a representative present.
8) 10 days prior to the WPC meeting, email all this information to the Chair of the Wheaton Planning Commission to be placed on the agenda. (Chair email: email@example.com) If the information is not received 10 days prior to the meeting, you will be placed on the following month’s agenda.
Town Hall Rental Questions
Contact Mary Eckwright at (715) 874-5397