The Wheaton Parks Commission has one position up for appointment.
Currently the one position is held by Ken Books. The current commissioner may request re-appointment. The position will serve a 7 year term through July 2030.
The Parks Commission aids in development and maintenance of Wheaton Park (63 acres) and boat landing in the township.
Parks Commission Member Responsibilities
- Attend monthly Parks Commission meetings
- Research and collect information on park and boat landing improvement/maintenance items
- Work on park and boat landing improvement grant applications
- Assist with park rentals if other parks commission members are out of town
- Help with park donation projects
If you are interested in the position please contact the Town Chair or any Town Board Supervisor for consideration. Appointment will be made at the Town Board meeting on Tuesday, July 11, 2023.