The Wheaton Parks Commission has one position up for appointment.
Currently the position is held by Jan Dole. The current commissioner may request re-appointment. This position will serve a 7 year term through July 2029.
The Parks Commission aids in development and maintenance of Wheaton Park (63 acres) and boat landing in the township.
Parks Commission Member Responsibilities
- Attend monthly Parks Commission meetings
- Research and collect information on park and boat landing improvement/maintenance items
- Work on park and boat landing improvement grant applications
- Assist with park rentals if other parks commission members are out of town
- Help with park ornamentation project
Interested in joining the 7 person Parks Commission or if you have additional questions? Contact Ken Books – Wheaton Parks Commission Chair at 715-874-6414 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Appointment will be made at the next Town Board meeting.